Yesterday I spent some time searching for online resources and helpful suggestions for taking care of your mental health and general school tips during this back to school time. I made a thread of all the masterposts on the twitter for a mental health club that I lead on my campus. And now I am going to share them all with you:
- Back to School With Mental Illness – general mental health help, resources for specific mental illnesses and study tips.
- Mental Health and University – how to get through a bad week and be able to move on without fucking up the rest of your semester.
- Studying With Mental Illness – tips for creating conditions and an environment where you can study even when you’re dealing with all the extra shit mental illness brings.
- Anxiety and Panic Masterpost – online resources to cheer you up, calm you down, and distract you.
- Mental Illness Apps – mobile resources for meditation, sleep, moodtracking, and reaching out for help.
- Saving Your Grades From a Mental Health Crisis – as someone who finds herself in this situation literally every semester, this is a really good guide for unfucking your shit.
- Guide to the First Week of College – some suggestions for first years to help you make the most of your first week and adjust to life as a university student.
- Maintaining Productivity After a Long Day – tips for being productive even though after class all you wanna do is take a short 6 hour nap.
- Study Methods – you learn a lot about yourself in university, like that the only cure to your hangovers is time and maybe your sexuality is a little more fluid than you thought but you should also try to figure out what kind of learner you are so that you can study better.
- Memorization Tips – when it comes down to it, if you wanna do well on a test you have to have that information stuck in your brain like the lyrics to the entirety of Hilary Duff’s Metamorphosis (2003) album (the brain is a miraculous organ isn’t it?), here is how to get that done.
- Procrastination Hacks – for a lot of people, procrastination is just a part of the process of doing assignments, the key is to be able to move on from that stage and get shit done.
- Annotations and Note Taking – learning how to take good notes can help you learn in class, retain information, and overall, do less work.
- Useful Symbols and Abbreviations – shortening the amount of work that you have to do while taking notes can save you time and hand cramps.
- Studying Better – how to make a good study space, study methods, and general tips.
- Masterpost of Masterposts – apps, productivity, study tips, writing tips, playlists, and self care resources.
This may seem like a lot of information but these are just suggestions. Through experience you will find some things that work for you to study AND practice self care. Just remember, you’ve got this.